Friday 14 April 2017

Da Nang

The Hoi An tour I had booked would pick me up at 1530 so I had the morning to look over Da Nang city. Da Nang has a cathedral which was preparing for Easter and hence closed off.


The Dragon Bridge in a telephoto shot. It's quite clever, they have painted the arches yellow, and added a head and a tail to resemble a sinuous dragon weaving in and out of the river. Apparently it's specially lit at times and fireworks are set off for occasions.

On the riverside there are marble sculptures of abstract shapes with some human ones. No doubt the marble comes from the nearby mountains, which I would visit later.


There was also one of a Mary or Goddess of Mercy also.


For lunch I went back to the restaurant of the night before which was bustling with lunchtime patrons.
I ordered bánh xèo, which is rice pancake with toppings. It came with rice paper to make rolls, dipping sauce and an enormous plate of veges. Healthy stuff which I liked, except for the sliced okra. Even so I didn't manage to finish all the veges.


No comments:

Post a Comment