Wednesday 12 April 2017

Departure

After work I had an early dinner at Burwood and caught the 400 bus to avoid paying for the airport train. Along the way as a joke I texted my friend mangled names of suburbs I passed through: Scratchfield, Werwood, Dampsie (it was raining), Lockdale. I was glad I wasn't driving because of the rush hour traffic.

The stopover at KLIA2 was at 0400, but my body clock was at 0600 so that was ok. I had an early breakfast in the food court. The onward flight was slightly delayed. Like the first leg, the plane was full. There was a group of company people from DinoSaw (ha ha) yakking away in the departure lounge. It made me realise that I am not a joiner; I don't have much patience with group palaver.

I was worried about making my evening food tour, but I arrived early afternoon in good time. Visa On Arrival worked as advertised. I changed AUD to VND at a bank branch outside arrivals because VN ATMs are said to levy an ATM charge and only allow smaller withdrawals than I liked. The rate I got was about 1.8% below the XE rate so I reckon that was good. VND were about 17,000 to an AUD so I came away with 5,412,000 dong. I was a millionaire many times over.

No comments:

Post a Comment